Find Projects to Manage
In this post we focus on finding projects to manage on the road to becoming a Brand Inside a Brand. Managing projects is one of two parts in Phase 3 (Manage) of becoming a Brand Inside a Brand.
Why Should I Find Projects to Manage?
I know you have enough work already but if you are looking to stand out and have more impact, connections and opportunities, this is what ya gotta do. Here are the advantages:
- Helps you to build new skills: Moving towards the goals you set for yourself you probably noticed there are things you need to learn to move forward. Taking on projects is a great way to learn and put those skills into practice.
- Helps you to demonstrate current skills: This is an opportunity to show-off skills that you may not usually use in your everyday role.
- You get to work with different people: There may be certain people you don’t get to work with very often but would love to. Maybe they are already on this project or you get to involve them. There’s nothing better than allowing others to use their strengths to help move things forward.
How Do I Find These Projects You Speak Of?
I bet my bow tie that every company has projects that they are just waiting for someone to lead. Lucky for them, you are around. Here are some of the places you can find these projects:
- In Meetings: Pay attention in your meetings and you will see that there will be a time when your manager announces some kind of new initiate that could use some extra hands. You know you are onto something special when all your peers look away as if to say, “Don’t pick me.” Do the opposite and raise your hand to volunteer.
- In the parking lot: Not the actually parking lot, but that place where projects that don’t have an owner or don’t have the personnel or bandwidth go to die. That was until you stepped up of course.
Do you have a great story about stepping up to take on a project? What was the impact? I’d love to hear about it and feature you on the site.
Helping your employees build their own personal brand is the best reward you could give them. Need help? I’d love to learn more about your specific situation; use this link to connect: Let’s Connect
Mike Ambassador Bruny