How well do we really know each other? Well it’s my birthday and I’m turning 36. I thought that I would give a glimpse into my life that some may not be too familiar with. I actually wrote the list while I was out in Portland, OR last week. It’s presented in no particular order.
photo taken at Timberline at Mt. Hood (Photo by Jesse Rowell Jr.)
36 THINGS YOU MAY OR MAYNOT KNOW ABOUT ME
- I wanted to be an Astronaut or Baseball Player when I was growing up
- I got robbed at gunpoint twice
- I didn’t accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior until I was in my last 20’s
- I went to school everyday but never went to class my freshman year of high school
- I like people to use what they’ve got (don’t waste your talent)
- I’m kinda stoic (blame my dad)
- I get bored really fast with talk; I’m from the school of “so what are we going to DO.”
- I believe in learning some things from experts
- The earliest picture of me in a bow ties goes back to Kindergarden
- In high school I did not get scholarship money as a senior because I wasn’t involved enough
- I care about people
- I “learned” a lot from being part of a Multi Level Marketing company
- I have been working since I was 14
- I like to think about, “What’s in it for them?”
- I believe being exposed to different things makes a difference in how you see things.
- Some say I’m picky when it comes to eating, but I think I just know what I like (and don’t like)
- I’m not a big fan of wild animals and other peoples animals. Ok, it’s less about being a fan and more about fear of being eaten.
- I stumbled onto this thing called Life Coaching or as I like to say, “I found a label for what I always was.”
- I love the ART of public speaking and helping others do it well
- I have a masters degree in sport management
- I could care less about the score, I care more about the impact sports has on individuals and groups in society
- I worked with a stylist a few years back
- I like beautiful things. I know beauty when I see it.
- I wrote a book
- My secret purpose in life = Have my presence inspire greatness
- I enjoy seeing 1st hand and talking with people as a source of information
- If it wasn’t for my wife I’d probably live in a box.
- I work at night doing something I’m not crazy about but I shaped it so it fits me.
- I love solving problems
- I used to be the youngest in the room on many professional occasions
- The Ambassador part of my name came from working with a mentor
- Injustice makes me sad
- Movies of people coming from behind (like Rudy) get me all choked up
- I’m sensitive to the human condition….I guess you can call it empathy
- I’m a former athlete and don’t like to be in the gym; i’d rather have an active lifestyle
- In 5 years I would like to have 2.5 children (1 boy and 1 girl)
Thats it for now. Stay tuned for the extended remix revision that gives those who are interested a deep look into the 36 things I listed above. Anything surprise you? Anything you want to know more about? Just ask a brother.
THIS IS WHERE I SHAMELESSLY ASK FOR A GIFT
One of the things that is not directly captured above is my love for giving. I do it in all kinds of different ways but for this birthday I’m giving by donating my birthday to Charity Water. That means I’ve made a donation and I’m asking all my friends (yep, all of you who will wish me a happy birthday on Facebook) to consider donating my age ($36) or anything else you can. It’s the gesture that counts more than the amount. It goes to a great cause, it will be a great gift to me and others. She more on my giving page here: http://bit.ly/brunybdaygiving
Just in case I didn’t say it before; I appreciate you!
As always my goal is to help you Run the Point (Take Action) from where you are, with what you have.