Being the new year, I thought you might be interested in making a few new contacts. I would like to introduce you to the Real Ambassador Bruny. He is not as good looking as I am (just go with it), but he is pretty close. Check him out, say “hi” and leave a comment to let me know what you think.
“Hello world, I’m the Real Ambassador Bruny. I’m a net-working machine and can’t wait to get to know you. I help individuals and companies prepare for conferences by building online contacts and then converting them into offline business relationships. In short, after working with me you will walk into your next conference and get greeted like Norm from the T.V. show Cheers. I’ve been net-working since I was a kid and can help you get comfortable and take your game to a whole other level. Let me break a few things down for you by answering a couple of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How do you define Net-working Ambassador Bruny?
I define Net-working (I know there isn’t a hypen in the word; duh) as a physical net that you have to put to work to make things happen. Knowing a lot of people isn’t enough, you have to nurture your relationships and put them to work. The flip side of that is you have to be ready to be put to work. In fact, you have to be looking for opportunities to be put to work by your net-work.
Why should I listen to you?
- I care. I know how it feels to step into a conference and not know a single person. I know what it’s like to pay money and not get anything out of a conference. I also know what it’s like to make long lasting connections with people who are likeminded and share a common interest. I can help you get the latter. I believe in the power and potential of human beings. I’ve read many books and attended many seminars and programs, but it’s the connection with other human beings that have truly made a difference in my life and business. Isn’t the same thing true for you?
- This is what I was born to do. I wake up looking for opportunities to be of service to the people in my network. Besides the emotional intelligence and big picture vision I as a Certified Life Coach, I also have a very pragmatic side that was developed through 5 plus years as an Operations Manager at Intel trained in Lean Manufacturing / Methodology.
Okay, I try not to brag about how much net-working has helped me accomplish goals, but sense you twisted my arm here are 15 net-working results I am grateful for:
- When I was in Jr. High School I didn’t get accepted into any high schools; my principal, Jo Bruno, put in a couple of calls on my behalf and next thing you know, I was in a pretty cool school (didn’t mean to rhyme).
- While in college I studied in Jamaica for 1 month at a total cost of $200
- While in college I was published in a book my sophomore year
- While in college I spent my summers working on the beautiful campus of Cornell University as a Sports Camp Counselor, thanks to a phone call made by my track coach
- I got an internship working in the Syracuse University Athletic Department
- I went to Grad School at one of the top Sport Management programs in the world for FREE (in fact I was making money)
- EVERY position I’ve ever held was through net-working
- Became the Manager of Athletic Marketing and Corporate Relationships at the University of Connecticut (“yes” I was there when the men and women’s basketball teams won the championship in the same year). Watch the video on how it happened here
- Became the 1st Marketing Manager for the New Balance Athletic Shoe “team sports” division
- Became an operations manager at Intel (insert Jingle)
- Created a Job Club program for the State of Massachusetts
- Participated in a Leadership Program for 50% off the $10,000 price tag
- Spoke at a number of companies and universities including: Columbia University, Boston College, Berklee School of Music, University of Massachusetts, MetLife, Raytheon, Intel, INROADS, etc.
- Part of the inaugural World Domination Summit (WDS)
- Got a Press Pass to the Massachusetts Conference for Women
- I am an Ambassador to Keith Ferrazzi’s MyGreenlight relationship mastery program
What do others have to say?
So my word isn’t good enough for you, huh? That’s okay, go ahead and take the word of a stranger over mine. Here you go:
#Hashtags to Handshakes” provides a must-know skill for networking and relationship-building through social media. While the program teaches you to make valuable connections at conferences, the application extends to every day use of social media for networking. For me, as an introvert, it also provides a strategy to turn a dreaded moment — walking into a social event and not knowing a soul — into something I actually look forward to! It’s also provided a means to make the most out of conferences. In the past, I’d go to conferences with the goal of meeting people, but never found it possible in the midst of speakers, events and busy schedules. Now, I don’t have to leave networking results to serendipity: #Hashtags to Handshakes provides a methodology I can use effectively. I’d highly recommend understanding Mike’s concepts for networking, whether you’re looking for a job, buying or selling services or just want to meet interesting people. By the way, I met Mike first on Twitter and then a conference — a great example of #Hashtags to Handshakes and how it really works! Sharlene Sones, Founder & Brand Strategist, Brandstoria
I use social media. I go to lots of conferences. I meet lots of people. But making that all work seamlessly is not always easy. Working through Mike “Ambassador” Bruny’s: Hashtagstohandshakes program has given me new tools to add to my connector toolkit. “We chatted on Twitter, didn’t we?” was the response I got when I met someone face-to-face at an event just this past weekend. Real strategy, real tools… for the real-world.
Natalie Currie, Certified Life Coach, Business Coach and Facilitator; www.thewayfindingcoach.com
Mike walks you through the conference, starting from why you’re there in the first place. You won’t walk onto the conference floor wondering where to start because you’ve already taken the time to prepare – using the right questions to set up goals & make a plan. It’s really helful! Suzan Czajkowski www.MyCommCoach.com
How can we stay in touch?
Connect on Linkedin | Follow me on Twitter @AmbassadorBruny | Let’s be friends on Facebook /AmbassadorBruny | All the cool kids are on Google+ so add me to your (entrepreneur, cool guy, life coach, networking) circle and while you’re there visit my Google+ Hashtags to Handshakes page.
Don’t forget to get your free audio download with 10 Affirmations to help you prepare for your next event; from Hashtags to Handshakes dot com and feel free to ask me any questions about networking.
Oh before I forget, when you reach out, be sure to ask for “The Real Ambassador Bruny” or that other guy (Mike Bruny) might reply.