I caught up with Alaia Williams who is the mastermind behind “At the Helm: Women in Biz” conference (It’s targeted towards women, but a few brave men attended last year’s event).
Alaia wasn’t finding something that met her need so she decided to create her own. That by the way, makes her one of my new VBFF (Virtual Best Friends Forever). I love how she started out by building a networking group and then stepped up her game by provided them a conference so her community could receive more value.
Event: At The Helm: Women in Biz
Date: Saturday, November 10, 2012
Time: 9a.m to 5p.m
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Here is the video below:
Just in case you can’t see the video, here is the link: http://youtu.be/LBzO_0gDYnc
Here are questions I asked Alaia
- What originally sparked the idea for the conference?
- Tell me what makes your conference different from other conferences?
- Who do you think will benefit most from attending this conference?
- What would you like people to think, do or feel as a result of attending your conference?
- How have you created conditions and opportunities for attendees to connect with each other during the conference?
- Anything else you would like to share with us about the conference? Best link for people to visit to get more information.