Tis the Season to be Thankful
Thanks for Rocking with us in 2011
Thank you for hanging with us in 2011. Â After a daily message challenge in 2010, we’ve taken it a bit slower on the Hip Hop Affirmation front. Â Don’t get me wrong, we didn’t stop the party, we just took a break from dancing every song the DJ played. Â Instead we hit the dance floor when we heard our favorite tracks.
With that being said we did have a couple of cool things take place in 2011 and we are grateful to be able to share them with you.
- We added a partner to the mix. I’m working with my home girl Tonya Rapley to bring you the freshest, dopest and most motivating lyrics and affirmations
- We Mashed it up. We introduced the Lyrical Mash-up which places a traditional motivational quote with a hip hop lyric that has the same meaning.
- We continued to speak. We hit up a couple of colleges in 2011 to spread “7 Hip Hop Affirmations to Change Your College Life” and “7 Hip Hop Affirmations to Kick-Start Your College Life.” My full speaker kit can be found at: Bruny’s Speaker Kit
- We started a Tumblr site: HipHopAffirmations.Tumblr.Com. Â This is much more of an artistic look at the lyrics and affirmations you love. Â Visit and leave us a comment here
- We created a limited number of “Thank you” cards (there are a few left): What a great way to say thank you to the hip hop appreciator in your life. Â Anyone can grab a thank you card from the local drug store, but this is going to be a collectors item. Â Let us know what you think. Â Grab one here.
- We connected with some cool people: That includes Daymond John from FUBU and now Shark Tank, Russell Simmons and we had a chance to interview Wyclef Jean (see the article here: Wyclef Article)
Thanks for Allowing us to Rock with you in 2012
In 2012 you can expect to get more post focused on Albums as they drop. Â We can’t promise that all of the hits will have awesome affirmations, but you know if anyone can find an affirmation in a song, it’s the hip hop affirmations crew. Â There a couple of of things we would like to change in 2012. Â We would like to hear more from you. Â We want to know what is working for you and what isn’t. Â How can we make hip hop affirmations work for you and what you are doing in your life. Â Our goal is to be a source of motivation so you can do all kinds of things that you potentially didn’t think you had in ya. Â We are hear to serve. With that I leave you with this last question:
What would you like to see in 2012?
We wish you and your family a Happy and Hip Hop filled Christmas.