Our conversation took place in a barrel sauna like this. “It’s [about] getting closer to the source and not being distracted by any nonsense…” – Rick Rubin Rick Rubin has been called “the most important [music] producer of the last 20 years” by MTV.
Here are a few of the things that moved me from this podcast episode:
- Helping artist to discover themselves so they can create their best work. Rick Rubin helps to identify what gets in the way [25:30]
- The idea of only competing with yourself [27:00]
- Trying not to think too much when creating. The head comes after to look at what the hear has presented and organize it [28:00]
- Submerging yourself in great art as a of getting inspiration [29:00]
- The best art divides the audience. Don’t water down your work. [39:00]
I hope you enjoy the podcast.
As always my goal is to help you run the point (take action) from where you are, with what you have.
Mike Ambassador Bruny