The video above is a candid, “Behind the Bow Tie” interview about my conference networking program. Most people don’t know that it was really influenced by my attendance at the World Domination Summit (WDS) in 2011. In the video I talk about how I was able to connect with a lot of people before the event started and walked into the conference feeling like Norm from the T.V. show Cheers.
What is not in the video is how as an extrovert I found myself overwhelmed by all the awesome people who were there. By the end of Day 1 I just wanted to go back to my hotel room and not engage with another human being for the rest of the conference. I was able to bounce back but became very curious about how to best leverage my time and energy when attending a conference. I increased my conference attendance and started practicing was became known as “The New Art of Conference Networking: #Hashtags to Handshakes.” I learned a little bit of planning and a whole lot of permission to unplug will make your conference experience much richer.
Let’s face it attending a conference isn’t cheap
After flight, hotel, transportation, food and oh yeah registration cost, it’s too expensive not to show some kind of return for your investment of time, money and energy. The way to do that is through a little bit of preparation that is going to help you get a sense of who you want to connect with, how you can connect with them and how to bounce back when you are tired of connecting with people (I just had a private session using the New Art of Conference Networking format and people loved the creation and use of case specific affirmations like, “These are my people,” and “I have plenty to offer”)
I decided to create a 4 week online class that is focused on helping young professionals and entrepreneurs leverage the power of conferences. I’m talking about ways to leverage conference networking to make better use of your time, money, energy and connect with the cool people that you were meant to connect with. You can’t do that if you are super nervous and so overwhelmed that you decide to stay in your hotel room after the first day of the conference.
The original intent was for those who have a 9 to 5 and are building a business at the same time, but with WDS right around the corner, I decided to make the class available at a special rate for all first time WDS-ers (truth is, I was recently reminded what the first time at WDS was like for me).
I can help and I want to help so I created a special promo code just for 1st timers to WDS. The code will get you over 20% off an already great price of $47.
To get the code all you have to do is visit the following Link, leave your name and email address and the code will be sent directly to the email you provide. The promo code is only good until this Friday, June 1st
What you can expect when you sign-up
Each week will cover 1 of the 4 pillars to becoming a high level networker:
- Week 1 – Focus: set up your mental and physical plan before the conference to ensure that you align your networking goals with your business goals, and minimize your chances of overwhelm.
- Week 2 – Engage: learn how to connect with the folks you want to connect with…before the event. This is the difference between a hug and a blank stare when you meet in person.
- Week 3 – Attend: focus on being human; why knowing exactly where the bathroom is, where the locals hang out and the exact place to put your name badge can make you the god or goddess of the conference.
- Week 4: Follow-up: get over the “It’s too late to follow-up” syndrome and get the exact PDF scripts you need to turn what was once nerve-racking and anxiety-inducing into something easy and automatic.
- Every Week: You’ll receive vetted technology tools that save you time and help you organize your networking journey. One of these tools is a simple way to “set and forget” the follow-up tasks that are always slipping your mind.
What’s inside the course:
- 4 Webinars: every week we’ll connect in an interactive webinar with the chance to ask questions and get live coaching
- Private Facebook Group: to provide the feedback, support and resources you need, in a safe environment, that will encourage your success
- Worksheets: that you can use to plan out your conference networking strategy
- Suggested Reading / Links
- “How to” Videos: that will help keep you on track between classes
- Weekly Check-in: In between classes, you’ll receive a special Affirmation designed to give you the inspiration you need to keep on truckin’
- Recordings: Our sessions will be recorded and available for your viewing pleasure shortly after each session
Only you get this because you’re going to WDS (how cool is that!)
We will have an opportunity to meet face to face at WDS. I am conducting a workshop at WDS called, “The New Art of Conference Networking: #Hashtags to Homies,” so in the coming weeks I will be announcing a special meet-up just for the folks who took my 4 week course. Think of it as a check point to start your WDS journey. Can I count on you to be there? Start by grabbing the promo code, HERE
Swing for the Fences, don’t Sit on ’em
Do you still have questions that you would like answered? Join me on the phone this Tuesday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m. (EST) where I will be sharing information on my course and answering every and any networking questions you may have.
Here is the number: 712-432-1680 (passcode: 592654#).
As always my goal is to help you, Run the Point (take action) from where you are, with what you have.