The video below breaksdown how I first met Hajj Flemings and the good folks at Brand Camp U. I ended up doing some work with them at a conference a year ago and thought you would benefit from some of the things that made it happen.
- Always get a speakers Twitter handle before they speak and Tweet while they are speaking
- Create a Twitter summary later that evening or the following day (you can use Storify to capture other people’s tweets, pictures and videos as well)
- After their talk ask the speaker(s) 3 questions:
- What are you working on that you are most passionate about at the moment?
- What are the biggest challenges or roadblocks?
- How can I be of assistant? (you can leave out this question as the speaker may say, “I don’t know how you can help, because I don’t know you…yet.”)
If you enjoyed the video please leave a comment below and don’t forget to visit my new conference networking Facebook page to connect with others who are interested in upping their conference networking game (click the FB logo in the upper right). I appreciate it.
As always my goal is to help you run the point (take action) from where you are, with what you have.