I definitely haven’t been on my spiritual game as I’ve been going through this job search in 2015. In November my family and I took a trip to Maryland to see our good friend And her family. Her husband invited me to a one day men’s conference. I said, “Yes,” and I had what I would call a come to jesus, again, moment (I’m already a Christian).
The biggest question I left that conference with was,
“Where would you have me use my talents oh Lord.”
I know I’m put on this earth to do something the question really is what and how does it align with a higher purpose.
This part can get a little muddy for me because I’m always wondering, “was that my thought or yours Lord?”
I’ve come to realize a couple of things:
- I don’t expect man to have that answer for me (sure you can share your story and that’s fine).
- What I’ve come to trust over the years as my gut, I believe to be the Holy Spirit / my counselor.
- I pray, I listen, I move. If it doesn’t workout I can trust it wasn’t in the plan. I’ll have a post game huddle with God to watch film and talk about it.
The end result of my trip to Maryland and that conference was a sense of not being alone (I know you all are here with me but it’s still a very personal and lonely journey) and not having to figure it all out on my own.
I took a couple of steps to keep me plugged into to my spirituality:
- I connected with my mentor
- I moved the Bible app to the front of my iPhone and started using their daily devotionals to kick off my day.
- I started going to church again. Me and my family.
Stay tuned for the next and final section in my 2015 reflection called, Miscellaneous.