I had the pleasure of being a guest on a G+ Hangout fireside chat with Sheridan Gaenger from Addvocate. I answered 18 questions about starting and running an Employee Advocacy program. The video and a list of the questions, [with timestamp] are below. If you have more questions, let me know and I’ll answer it via video for you.
The Questions You Wanted Answered
- What do you think employee advocacy is all about? [1:33]
- Why do we want to share across social media? [2:21]
- Why do you think companies should harness their employees active collaboration on social media rather than hinder it? [2:48]
- How do you get an employee advocacy program on the radar of the enterprise? [3:50]
- What should be the top focus for the champions looking to role out this initiative in employee advocacy? [5:00]
- How do we show that employee advocacy isn’t just for the marketing department in the company? [5:45]
- Why do you think employees should care and be motivated to be part of an employee advocacy program? [7:00]
- Why investing in an employee advocacy program is going to be a great resource for any company? [8:10]
- How you should go about training your employee advocacy participants? [9:45]
- How can companies excite / motivate their users to be involved with using an employee advocacy platform? [10:45]
- Do you see employee advocacy piggy backing on growing your content marketing efforts and can anyone be a content marketer? [11:52]
- What do you think is next in employee advocacy? [13:15]
- How do we measure the success of an employee advocacy program? [14:35]
- How do you motivate and train to make sure employees are successful when they get their hands on an employee advocacy platform? [15:30]
- My company is really focused on controlling their message; how do I deal with that? [17:15]
- How many employees do you need to start a pilot? [18:50]
- What land mines / obstacles should I be prepared for when rolling out an employee advocacy program? [19:55]
- Will an employee advocacy program work if you have offices around the world? [21:34]
Do you have more questions? Leave them in the comments or send it to me via email, Mike@BrandInsideaBrand and I’ll get back to you right away.
My goal is to help turn employees to ambassadors.
Mike Ambassador Bruny